Naugatuck [New Haven County] was incorporated from Bethany, Oxford and Waterbury in May,1844. Its Algonkin name translates to "one tree." Its former names are Salem parish or Salem Bridge, and originally, South Farms of Waterbury.
Total area, 16.5 sq. miles, Land area, 16.4 sq. miles. Population, est., 31,048. Voting districts, 8. Principal industries, chemicals, brass novelties, plastics, aerosols, moulded aluminum and iron, glass, brass and copper goods, candy, screws, hospital supplies.
Naugatuck includes the area known as Union City.
Mayor's Message, demographics, news and history pages.
Republican legislator representing Naugatuck's 70th Assembly District.
Services, catalog search, related sites, and upcoming events.
Includes general information and links to individual schools.
Panoramic bird's-eye view of town in 1877, from the Library of Congress Geography and Map Division.
Panoramic bird's-eye view of town in 1906 with inset illustrations of town buildings, from the Library of Congress Geography and Map Division.
Thanks to DMOZ, which built a great web directory for nearly two decades and freely shared it with the web. About us